Blogs are popular ways to create an online presence for individual or business reasons. You can create a blog for free and start posting content immediately. But if no one is reading the content, what good is it?
There are many successful blogs on the internet, and you obviously want to be one of them. But a successful blog takes a lot of time and creative thoughts and learning a few tricks and ideas won’t hurt. Some new bloggers aren’t prepared for the work that goes into creating a successful blog. Just building the blog doesn’t make it automatic that people will come to it. Your targeting the right audience and giving them a reason to see what you have to say will draw readers. Here are 6 effective ideas on getting traffic to your blog.
1. Fresh Content Update your blog at least twice a week. This can be accomplished by writing several posts ahead of time and uploading on your blog and scheduling them to post at different times.
2. Keywords for SEO Be sure to use relevant keywords by doing good keyword research. Base your keywords on a research you do to find the most popular words used in search engines for your topic. This will help you with your search engine optimization. Keyword density between three and ten percent works well in getting higher page rankings in search engines. Base your keywords on a research you do to find the most popular words used in search engines for your topic.
3. Social Networking By joining social networking sites and engaging with people on Facebook, Twitter, Squidoo, and Pinterest, you can promote the articles you post which in turn will draw traffic to your blog.
4. Use RSS Feeds RSS stands for “Really Simple Syndication.” Readers can subscribe to your feed and receive email notification when new content is posted. It is a simple way for your subscribers to keep up with your blog posts.
5. Submit Your Blog to Search Engines Doing this allows your blog to be indexed on your three popular search engines-Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Just remember that being indexed and being ranked high are two different things. For the latter, a little more work and time is required.
6. Visit other blogs Visiting other blogs and posting a comment is an effective way build friendships and add links to your blogs. Make sure the blogs you comment on are a similar niche to your own or Google will not give you credit for the link.
By using these ideas, you may not experience instant success, but you will start traffic moving in your direction! With a little time and effort you will begin building the readership you are looking for.