Gaining traffic through creating quality content, sharing in social networking sites, and joining forum may not be enough. Although these approaches may come viable, it still need a boost. With press release, your traffic campaign can be more effective. Let us see how you can get more traffic to your site with this interesting strategy!
What Is A Press Release?
Even though you may associate a press release with a news paper or the media, a press release is an official statement reporting specific, but brief information about an event, particular matter, or other happening typically tied to a business, organization or your website.
For example, here is a press release for the launching of a website called mycathairmatting.net: “A new blog titled mycathairmatting.net has been launch to help cat owners solve their cat hair and fur matting problems. Pet owners around the world will be thrilled to discover a website design to help them with the latest information and tips on healthy cat hair-care!”
Essential Guidelines in Creating Press Release
Press release can provide valuable links to your website. The number of visitors it garners will depend on several factors. For instance, the topic your press release covers and the option of press-release submission. To ensure that you are on the right track, read this article!
• Newsworthy of the subject matter. The amount of visitor you will receive will depend on your subject. When press release is about celebrity, it usually gets a lot of traffic. Nevertheless, it should be noted that your press release should be related to your website or business that could grab the attention of your audience.
• Remember, it is not an advertisement. Press release is not the avenue to promote your products or services. According to Realty Blog Content, an actual press release should appear like it is written by a neutral third party. Hence, it only states the story and facts of the product.
• Quote. Your press release should not be dull as one reads through every line. Including some quotes relevant to your subject matter can take your press release a leap.
• Credibility and quality. Read and edit your press release once you are done with your draft. When you read it, read as if you have never laid your eyes on it and make the judgment. Edit your write-up once you are done.
• Submission. Selection of press release websites should also be considered. Nonetheless, always check for the credibility and charges..
The Free and Paid Press Release Websites
Now that you are up for submission, the question is which one will you opt to? Is it the free-press release submission or the paid press-release submission?
1. Free-press release submission. When you do not have enough budget, you can always turn to a free press release website. However, it has its boundaries. For instance, photos and videos cannot be included. The following are some of the free websites cited from subhub.
• Free-Press-Release.com (Page rank 5/ Alexa 3,547)
• PRLog.org (Page rank 5/ Alexa 16,551)
• OpenPR.com (Page rank 5/ Alexa 42,088)
• 1888PressRelease.com (Page rank 5/ Alexa 58,760)
• NewswireToday.com (Page rank 5/Alexa 51,449)
2. Paid press-release submissions. The premium websites for press release have its perks. Some of these are tagging and checking of grammar. They also have a list of where they can send your release. Here are the websites cited from subhub.
• PRNewsWire.com (Page rank 8/ Alexa 7,508) — annual subscription of $195.
• BusinessWire.com (Page rank 8/ Alexa 16,730) — prices on application.
• PRWeb.com (page rank 8/ Alexa 9,822) — $80 to $360 per press release.
• PRLeap.com (page rank 6/ Alexa 55,935) — $49, $99, and $149 per press release.
Press release can make a difference to your website and business. Nonetheless, every step and decision is critical as it can direct you to your destination-that is to increase awareness and get traffic!