Whether you own a website for business or personal use, videos can be huge for bringing the outside-never before been to your market, to your website. There was a time when having a video on your website was a challenge to make, somewhat expensive, and time-consuming. But my how times have changed! With the emergence of social media sites and tools, video creation and use can be quite simple, inexpensive, and a lot of fun. Here are just a couple of ways to use videos to drive traffic to your business or personal site.
How to Create Videos That Guarantees Traffic to Your Site.
With a computer webcam, camcorder, or your mobile, create very short videos and save them to your hard drive. There are even software that will allow you to extract video footage from a video cassette at a small cost. How can this be accomplished?
How to Install Videos From A Video Camera to Your Computer.
One way is get the StashBox-a video editing application from StashSpace.Com that is very easy to use and has a great import directly from your camcorder option. The application is free. Go to http://www.stashspace.com and sign-up for an account (Free and Paid account levels). Then on the my account tab click on the StashBox icon. Their record directly from camcorder feature is very intuitive. They also have great pick up the phone customer support in case you need any help.
Also you can send your video tapes to StashSpace to be transferred into a digital format (only $7 tape). You can edit the video online or receive your video back on data DVD or portable hard drive.
How to Use YouTube.
1. You must first sign up for a free YouTube membership to upload videos. With your membership, you will also be able to do things like create viewing playlists and comment on other videos.
2. To get started, the first thing you should do is click on the “Upload ” icon in the upper right corner of the YouTube home page.
3. Once you’ve lo-gin in , you’ll be able to begin the two-step video upload process. First, you’ll need to provide some information about the video you’re uploading.
4. On the next page, you’ll be able to upload your video file and specify the privacy settings (public or private): If you’d like to only select people you invite to be able to view your videos, choose “Private.” Otherwise, if you’d like anyone in the world to be able to view your videos, you should select the “Public” option.
5. To upload your video, press the “Browse” button to locate the video file on your computer and then press the “Upload Video” button:
Once you’re video has been uploaded, You Tube will automatically create an embedded code to copy and paste it to your website. Just click on the “Share” button and simply copy the code and paste it where your site ask for the code on your website dashboard.
Why Videos Draws Traffic.
There are many video tools and website to use besides YouTube. Vimeo.com and Tubemogul.com are also popular video sites to upload and share not just your own videos but theirs also. Remember that videos are SEO friendly-especially YouTube since it is owned by Google. Google loves websites that use videos and gives you a plus score when ranking your site.
Since it is said that a picture is worth a thousand words, so are good use of videos. Just keep in mind that the shorter your video the more effective it is. Below is an example on how to use videos to drive traffic to your website.